💛 Vulnerability Alert
Before we finish our coffee together today, I want to tell you a story about my sister.
For as long as I can remember, I've admired orchids.
I've also killed every flippin' one I've ever owned.
For nearly thirty years, whenever someone gave me an orchid, I'd admire it for a few days...
...and then I'd quietly take it to my sister.
Not because I didn't love it.
Because I already knew how the story would end if it stayed with me.
I'd water it.
I'd move it to the perfect window.
I'd follow every instruction she gave me.
I'd even talk to it.
The leaves stayed green.
The plant survived.
But it never bloomed again.
Then my sister would take that very same orchid home.
A few months later...
It would be covered in blooms.
Every. Single. Time.
It amazed me.
Especially because I have a green thumb.
My vegetable garden thrives.
Our orchard blesses us every year.
The flowers around my office seem perfectly happy.
But orchids?
Not a chance.
For years I thought it was a mystery.
Lately, I've realized it was a lesson.
Some gifts simply weren't meant to be mine.
And that's okay.
Somehow, we've convinced ourselves that success means becoming good at everything.
But what if success looks more like recognizing the gifts we've been given...
...and celebrating the gifts we've been given in someone else?
My sister had a gift.
She could bring orchids back to life.
I couldn't.
Instead of trying to become her...
I learned to admire her.
Today, I think that's one of the greatest forms of love.
Not competition.
Celebration.
She never made me feel less because I couldn't grow orchids.
She simply smiled, took them home, and returned them to the world more beautiful than before.
Looking back...
I realize she was doing the same thing with people.
She had a way of helping others bloom.
And what a gift that was.
Gosh, I miss her so very much.
Coffee Conversation
Before we finish our coffee together...
Can I leave you with one question?
Whose gift have you been quietly admiring instead of celebrating?
Tell them.
The world has enough comparison.
It can always use more encouragement.
This Week's Reminder
You don't have to possess every gift to appreciate its beauty.
Sometimes the greatest gift we can offer is celebrating someone else's.
Until next time, keep leading with strength and living with purpose.
-srt
#ThursdayThoughts
#LiveWithPurpose
#ChooseJoy
#PersonalGrowth
#Gratitude
#CelebrateOthers
#ReaCoachingandConsulting


No comments:
Post a Comment