Monday, August 31, 2026

The Books That Meet Us Where We Are



Over the past few weeks, many of you have reached out after picking up The Let Them Theory, Wintering, or one of Brené Brown's books because of something I shared here.

First...thank you.

There are few things that bring me more joy than hearing someone found exactly the book they needed at exactly the right moment.

It reminded me of something I've come to believe.

Books have seasons.

There are books we read for information.

And then there are books that quietly walk beside us while we're becoming someone new.

As an executive coach, I've watched that happen over and over again.

Someone is navigating a career transition.

Retirement.

A broken relationship.

A leadership challenge.

A season of uncertainty.

And one book somehow gives them words for what they've been feeling all along.

If I had to recommend five books for someone navigating a significant life transition, these are the ones I return to again and again.

📚 The Let Them Theory by Mel Robbins

📚 Wintering by Katherine May

📚 Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud

📚 Grit by Angela Duckworth

📚 The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown

As I looked at that list this week, I realized something.

These books don't just stand alone.

Together, they tell a story.

    They remind us to let go of what we cannot control.

        To honor seasons of rest.

            To release what no longer serves us.

                To keep showing up when life is hard.

And ultimately...

To become more fully who we were created to be.

Maybe that's why they've meant so much to me.

Because each one has met me in a different season of my own life.

And together, they've quietly shaped the person I'm still becoming.

This Week's Reminder

The best books don't simply change what you know. They change how you live.

I'd love to hear from you.

What book met you exactly where you were and quietly changed the way you see the world?

Happy Monday, friends.

Until next time, keep leading with strength and living with purpose.

-srt

#MotivationalMonday #Leadership #Books #PersonalGrowth #LiveWithPurpose #ReaCoachingandConsulting

No comments: