Thursday, May 18, 2023

Volunteer, Give, Serve

Volunteer, Give, Serve

On Monday, May 15, I had the pleasure of giving out nine scholarships through Soroptimist International of Lincoln, CA.  In the mix was a future doctor, a journalist, an engineer, an aerospace engineer, a lawyer, an entrepreneur and a radiation therapist.  And, hearing how these women are going to change the world was heartwarming.  I truly hope they stay in touch and maybe, one day I can say, “I knew her when…”

As I waiting in a packed theater for my time to present, I reflected on the parents, administrators, teachers and friends who helped these high school students get to where they are.  It truly takes a village.

I encourage you to get engaged in your community or a charity you are passionate about.  I believe through it we can make substantial change which will make our world better.

Again, I want to wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommas on the team.  First time moms, Moms to be, Pet moms and moms with young kids to old.  I know the reward of being a mom and I appreciate all you do for your families.  Truly Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Thursday all,

-srt

No comments: