Monday, July 20, 2026

Rest Isn't the Reward. It's Part of the Work.


At the end of May, my best friend reminded me of something I apparently needed to hear.

"No." is a complete sentence.

She also reminded me that "no" doesn't require an explanation.

Say what?

Cue George Michael's "Freedom!" playing in the background.

As my calendar started shifting and commitments kept piling up, I realized something had to change.

So... I began establishing healthier boundaries.

In my coaching practice.

In my personal life.

And last week, even within one of the nonprofits I love serving.

Here's what I'm learning.

We live in a world that applauds hustle.

Busy has become a badge of honor.

But what if rest isn't the reward for hard work?

What if it is part of the work?

    The strongest athletes recover between competitions.

        Muscles grow during rest.

            Fields become fertile when they're left fallow.

                    Even nature understands that growth requires rhythm.

Maybe we should, too.

I've discovered that every time I say no to something that drains me, I'm really saying yes to something that matters more.

  • Yes to my health.
  • Yes to my peace.
  • Yes to being fully present with the people and work I care about most.

This Week's Reminder

Every "no" creates space for a more meaningful "yes."

Happy Monday, friends.

Until next time, keep leading with strength and living with purpose.

-srt



#MotivationalMonday #LeadWithStrength #LiveWithPurpose #Boundaries #Rest #ReaCoachingandConsulting

No comments: