Monday, September 29, 2014

Gratitude Challenge - Day One

I'm grateful that Robyn nominated me for this challenge. She knows that I have been restless, dark and probably a bit ungrateful lately. I could use a good reminder of how richly blessed I am.

1) I am grateful for my parents:...
Mom. For loving me unconditionally and for showing me how to love others as well. For showing me grace (even when I didn’t deserve it). For offering your shoulder along with the kleenex. For believing in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. For reminding me that I alone am enough. For teaching me strength and allowing me to be independent. For modeling what a Best Friend is. I love you Mom.
Dad. For your gift of gab and crazy ability for story telling. For your love of our heritage. For your passion around politics. For encouraging me to have a voice. For demonstrating a strong work ethic. I love you Dad.

2) I am grateful for my siblings: My brother and sister were my introduction to friendship - my very first Best Friends. And they were good friends. So many beautiful memories. Being told to say sneaker and snake (over and over again). Eating Texas donuts. Cannon Beach. Staying together – always having each others backs - as we moved again and again and again.
Chris (Buckwheat). For commitment to family. For a love of free enterprise. For conviction, dedication and demonstrating hard work.
Shelly (Wheezer). Too much, but I will say this. Thank you for being you and allowing me to be uniquely me. I love you both tremendously.

No comments: